Pages

Friday, March 07, 2014

Underwater Moon, UNFINISHED Work in Progress

Here are two stages in my newest work, "Underwater Moon." Acrylic on 10x10 Raymar panel. Totally loving these panels!

1. Below: It's all laid out, but I think the Moon looks too grumpy.






2. Below: After a good night's shining, the Moon is more rested and refreshed, and this is the face he will wear henceforth in the painting. He's a little ruddy, but I like a healthy glow in a moon. The fish will probably remain grumpy. You know how fish can get.


So far I've only used thalo blue (the reddish kind) and burnt sienna and cadmium red light. It has lots of color harmony. I'd like to find some way to add just the slightest tone of dissonance, like a 7th, or 9th chord in music.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your colors so far!!! I find it wonderful to know these kind of things!!! Would love to take a class from you!!